Touchdown

The waiting is almost over.

The cars have touched down in London and are awaiting the PDI process before we can collect them. I'm thinking that there will be little to do beyond provisioning the nav system for North America, giving them the once over and a wash, and that's about it.

My travel kit is ready, with front and rear plate mounts in hand, plus the tools needed to install them, though I'm positive I will leave the front plate off until some officer pulls me over and asks where it is. The removable mount will make that easy to show, and it will only be some really disgruntled officer that fines me, so I'm gonna take that risk. The car just looks too darn good without the front plate.

Can't wait to see it again in the sheet metal. The stance. The colour popping in the sun. Those wheels! And then the twisting of the key, the engine barking into life, and the long drive back to Ottawa, which will be off-highway as much as possible. I'll be reacquainting myself with the feel of carving through some nice curves. Nothing like the Alps or the Dolomites, sadly, but some roads through Ontario north of the 401 will have to suffice for now.

Gonna be a great day.

~ Luke

Comments