Waiting 2.0

One of the nice side-effects of doing European Delivery, is you kind of get two chances to "receive" your car; one in Germany, and then one when it reaches your dealer. You get double the anticipation leading up to delivery day.

The second anticipation is quite different to the first, I'm finding. The car is a known quantity now, personally experienced and enjoyed for nearly a month on the twisty tarmac of those amazing European roads. So I know what I'm missing out on while the summer - and now fall - slips away. Makes the wait somewhat more agonizing.

The cars landed in Halifax on September 2, after we tracked them transiting across the Atlantic from Emden on the Siem Confucius. They're sitting there still, almost two weeks later. Perhaps it would be better not knowing - I'm thinking bird droppings, hurricanes (there were, at one point, three of them on the way!), hail, who knows what? Just get them on the darn train already!!

It really is disappointing not to be able to collect them in Halifax as originally planned, but no cooperation from our dealer on that front, despite us KNOWING that Porsche does this. Instead, I shall have to hope for delivery at the dealership in time before the weather turns. I have a key right here! Let me go get it right now!

The keen desire to drive the car back to Ottawa, share with my best friends, and then hit the road to NB is huge. I won't say I'm thinking as much about it as I did the lead up to the first delivery day in Germany, but it's close. I'm eagerly anticipating pulling up the driveway at Mum and Dad's and watching their reactions.

Just have to be patient. Again. Wait for the mechanism to do its work and get the cars to our dealer, get them washed and prepped for us to arrive, plates in hand, and claim them for the next round of The GTS Chronicles adventures.

So close now.

Patience (again).

~ Luke

Comments