Porsche Rollercoaster


Thought I'd have a bit of fun.










I plotted the trials and tribulations of this Porsche purchase journey all the way back from those first initial thoughts way back in June of 2020 to now - heading towards the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, so to speak. Along the way there have been myriad ups and downs, which I've charted a bit over the months. 

Some example highs:

  • first idea to get a Porsche
  • first 'purchase' (order demand)
  • switch to GTS models
  • news of being 'first in line'
  • launch of The GTS Chronicles
  • allocations finally granted
And some lows:
  • supply chain woes due to Covid
  • giving up allocations and finding out we went to back of the queue
  • Felicity Ace sinking and associated delays
  • silence from our salespeople
  • stresses over being out-of-towners
  • war in Ukraine
  • the ongoing march of time...1 year wait...two year wait...
The latest particular low is the challenge I am having at getting my work to sign off on the time I need to actually take the trip to Germany, and to experience all that I want to experience. To do it right, we are taking three weeks, to allow for flight delays, travel mishaps, rain at the Nordschleife, and so on. The last thing I want, for such a momentous event, is to have to truncate that. Indeed I will not.

But in the lead up to something so exciting, I was hoping to be rather progressively more and more pleasant, culminating in the delivery day and subsequent enjoyment of the cars in Europe. Right now, it's rather grim, with thoughts and plans swirling around how to ensure the trip happens and keeping myself gainfully employed.

Hopefully the way forward becomes clearer in the days to come.

~ Luke