Cayman Delight

"It’s not hyperbole to say this car is absurdly good."

A good feeling this week, as a GTS Chronicles aficionado dipped his own toe into the Porsche pool and purchased a 2018 Cayman S in GT Silver.

We'd scoped it out on our last visit to our dealership and given him the goods on how it looked. Fast-forward a few days and the deal was done and he's the proud new owner. Visiting with him this weekend reminded me just how damn good the Cayman looks in the flesh. It sits beautifully on the road, all hunkered-down stance and ready to spring into action. Wide hips, that flow back from the fender line, along the door - it really is a beautiful machine.

Driving with it in my rear-view mirror, a subtle detail I'd not noticed - the amber-when-lit turn signals NOT integrated into the main headlight cluster. Nice. I could also hear it rumbling behind me at a stoplight, eager to just romp away at the first sign of the green.

Despite my own frustrations with the waiting and the longing, seeing his car in the flesh, and the grin on his face as he talked about how quickly he came to appreciate the engineering in the car, well, it just gave me all the good feels. Am I jealous? Sure. But not in a bad way. I'm thrilled for him, and feel only heightened anticipation for me when my time comes.

That Boxster is going to be one damn fine point of pride for me. As this Cayman is for him.

Here's to summer 2023 (I hope).

~ Luke